Monday, May 4, 2009

He said what about GM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJJKBbg4TA)

I came across this story on motortrend.com about GM being upset with comments David Letterman made while talking to guest Elon Musk and it really pissed me off. First off you want to know the reason we’re not farther along with electric car technology Dave, it’s because only a thousand hippies in California wanted an electric car in 1990, the rest of the public wanted SUV’s and to get rid of gas sippers because gas was cheap again. Oh and Elon Musk where do you get off cracking jokes about GM the last time I check you’ve only sold 1300 so called technologically  advanced Lotus’s with a battery pack strapped to them. And the audience why are you laughing do you find something funny about a struggling American company that is cutting 21000 jobs by the end of the year.  Again Dave you say the Volts 40 mile range is crap what would you rather have no electric car at all and for me a 40 mile range would be more than enough for me to do whatever I need to just so you know. And lastly do you really want to bash GM for mishandling their finances Dave, because the last time I check you couldn’t race in Indy Car this year because you couldn’t get a sponsor for your car. Maybe the car business isn’t as easy as it sounds.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to be the devil's advocate but you can't get to Purdue in a Volt, and he never specifically referenced GM except when talking about the EV1&2

    ReplyDelete